The purpose of the PFHTA is as follows:
- To foster a cooperative and mutual spirit between the Hospitality Associations of the Smoky Mountain area and the state of TN.
- To remove by concerted action such bad practices and customs as may seem contrary to good policy and sound business principles in the hospitality and tourism industry.
- To secure by every proper and legitimate means the enactment of uniform Federal, State and Local legislation in so far as the same may affect the purposes of the PFHTA and to prevent so far as possible unwise legislation that might tend to unjustly burden the hospitality and tourism industry.
- To accumulate and disseminate information relating to the hospitality and tourism industry throughout the membership of the PFHTA that will be of value to the members.
- To generally advance the interest of hospitality and tourism in the city of Pigeon Forge and to develop friendly and ethical cooperation and coordination of the membership as well as others in the hospitality and tourism profession within the city of Pigeon Forge, Smoky Mountain area and the State of Tennessee.
- To engage in any other activity consistent with the laws of the United States, the State of Tennessee and/or the City of Pigeon Forge and the PFHA.