Pigeon Forge Hospitality Association is a not for profit membership organization forging connections between businesses, organizations, and government to promote, strengthen, and support tourism and hospitality industries through political advocacy, education, scholarships, philanthropy, and community outreach and development.
The Pigeon Forge Hospitality and Tourism Association will once again be awarding up to $4,000.00 in college scholarships to qualified Pigeon Forge High School seniors for the fall 2019 college semester. The scholarship amounts will vary. Preference will be given to students majoring in a hospitality or business related field. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant or parent / legal guardian must work in the hospitality industry and that business must be a current member in good standing of the Pigeon Forge Hospitality and Tourism Association.
– Check with the employer to see if the business is a member in good standing (Membership Dues paid in full for 2019). Any inquires can be made to Ms. Christie Balog, PFHTA Coordinator at email@example.com.
– For companies wanting to inquire about or validate their 2019 membership to the Pigeon Forge Hospitality and Tourism Association please visit this link http://www.pfhospitality.org.
- The applicant or parent / legal guardian must have been employed with the business for at least one (1) year.
- Scholarship checks will be sent directly to the college. Scholarship recipients must have the enrolling college send official documentation of enrollment to Ms. Balog before the checks will be issued. Official documentation should be mailed to:
Ms. Christie Balog
PO Box 1401
Pigeon Forge, TN 37868
- Completed applications must be received in Mr. Bohanon’s office by Monday April 1, 2019.
If you have any questions please contact Mr. Joe Fall, Department Head of Hospitality Business at Walters State & Chair of the 2019 PFHTA Education Committee by email at Joe.Fall@ws.edu.
If you have any questions please call Joe Fall at 774-5814, Department Head of Hospitality Business at Walters State & Chair of the 2019 PFHTA Education Committee or PFHTA Coordinator, Christie Balog at 865.428.6414
Members of PFHTA include attractions, restaurants, lodging properties, retail stores, theaters, and the varied service and supply vendors to those businesses.
Click below to download 2019 PFHS Scholarship application