Pigeon Forge Hospitality Association is a not for profit membership organization forging connections between businesses, organizations, and government to promote, strengthen, and support tourism and hospitality industries through political advocacy, education, scholarships, philanthropy, and community outreach and development.
We are pleased to announce the awarding of two new industry focused continuing education scholarships for the fall 2015 school year to new students enrolling in a hospitality course or courses at Walters State Community College Sevier County Campus. Each scholarship is for $500.00. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must work in the hospitality industry and that business must be a current member of the Pigeon Forge Hospitality Association.
- Check here for a list of members: http://www.pfhospitality.org/membership/ (Membership list may not be current)
- For companies wanting to inquire about membership to the Pigeon Forge Hospitality Association please visit this link http://www.pfhospitality.org/membership/apply-for-membership/
- The Applicant must be employed with the business for at least one (1) year.
- Applicants must provide proof of obtaining the minimum of a high school diploma or GED and include an official transcript from highest level of educational attainment in a sealed envelope with other documents listed in the Continuing Education Scholarship application, plus any other documents required by the Admissions Department Walters State Community College. Awards will be applied directly to the students account once the enrollment and registration process is complete. Application PDF 2015 PFHA Industry Employee Scholarship Application & Letter (1)
- All applications must be received by Monday, August 1, 2015.
If you have any questions please call Joe Fall at 774-5814, Department Head of Hospitality Business at Walters State & Chair of the 2015 PFHA Education Committee.
Members of PFHA include attractions, restaurants, lodging properties, retail stores, theaters, and the varied service and supply vendors to those businesses.