The Pigeon Forge Hospitality and Tourism Association is about making connections: Creating and building relationships within and between city, county, regional, and state businesses, as well as community organizations and governments. It is an inclusive, pro-active voice, unified in supporting and protecting the hospitality and tourism industries.
Knowledge is Power: PFHTA is a resource for information, advocacy, and support to our membership that empowers businesses and helps them thrive. PFHTA is a champion for locally owned businesses and a partner to industry, serving as a recognized catalyst for action and engagement.
We seek to invigorate the ways in which hospitality and retail businesses, organizations and governments interact and to foster an ongoing dialogue and exchange of ideas.
PFHTA brings together a diverse and balanced membership base of professionals that reflects the multiple facets of Pigeon Forge and area businesses. We champion those in advertising, amusements, entertainment, convention, lodging, restaurant, retail, and service businesses who make Pigeon Forge and Sevier County a leader in travel and guest experience.
PFHTA’s commitment to education is evidenced by providing annual scholarships for graduating Pigeon Forge High School students.. In addition, we provide financial support for students enrolled in the culinary & hospitality programs at Walters State Community College.
Professional development is fostered through seminars, workshops, and speakers who are recognized in their fields.
Pigeon Forge Hospitality & Tourism Association – Hospitality & Tourism Impact
Investing in the Future of Pigeon Forge
- Since 1987 Pigeon Forge has invested $149 million in advertising and received $15.7 billion in gross business receipts, hosted over 62.5 million overnight visitors and received an ROI of $48 for every $1 invested in tourism
- Gross revenue in 2012 reached an all time high of $905 million – a 9% increase over 2011 and 2013 is on track to be another record setting year!
- Lodging revenue in 2012 was $192 million – a 10% increase over 2011
- Amusement revenue was $161 million – a 9% increase over 2011
- Commercial investment by the private sector was $62 million in 2012 – an increase of 56% over 2011
- Each Pigeon Forge Permanent Resident Household pays about $4,775 LESS in local city taxes as a result of taxes generated by tourism
- Pigeon Forge / Sevier County generated $1.58 billion in tourism spending; created 17,830 (full & part-time) jobs totaling $364.5 million in worker paychecks; generated $85 million in state sales taxes and over $45 million in local taxes in 2012
- In fiscal year 2011/12 The Pigeon Forge Commission invested an additional $500,000 in tourism advertising bringing our total advertising budget to $9.2 million per year. This additional $500 Thousand paid huge dividends as noted in our record breaking year of 2012
- Investing in tourism advertising, development and promotion is investing in the future of Pigeon Forge!
We need your help, participation and support to continue this effort!