Membership In PFHA Makes All This Possible….
- Invest in our youth by donating to the Boys and Girls Club of Pigeon Forge
- Invest in our hospitality students by donating to Walter State Community College, providing greater opportunities for them in the tourism industry
- Provide Scholarships for Pigeon Forge High School Seniors with a parent or guardian employed by a PFHA member business
- Host Educational and Safety Workshops
- Be a major financial sponsor of all City of Pigeon Forge Events
- Be a partner with the City of Pigeon Forge to support and manage the Pigeon Forge Housing Bureau through the LeConte Center
- Continue to work closely with the City of Pigeon Forge to encourage increases in city-wide advertising through tourism tax dollars
- Encourage our members to attend the City of Pigeon Forge Commission meetings, workshops, Tourism Talks and other City events
- Offer member businesses great exposure at the largest Hospitality Trade Show in Tennessee
- Provide monetary contribution to TPAC to ensure Pigeon Forge has a strong representation and an active and vocal presence with the State Legislature
- Host a September 11 Commemoration in Sevier County
- Host a special tribute event for area veterans of America’s Armed Forces
- Host a frontline Christmas Party for our members’ employees providing monetary gift cards and prizes
- Retain the standing of “The Largest Hospitality Association in Tennessee”
PFHA 2015 Membership Package
RSVP Please At: www.honoringsusanwhitaker.eventbrite.com
Mar. 16, 2015 @ 05:47 PM
JAKE OLD – The Mountain Press
PIGEON FORGE —
The Smoky Mountain Tourism Development Council and the Sevier County Hospitality Alliance will honor Susan Whitaker, commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Tourism Development,March 27 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Music Road Convention Center.
In December, Whitaker announced that she would resign from her position and move to the private sector. She was appointed by Gov. Phil Bredesen in 2003 and again in 2007. Gov. Bill Haslam reappointed her in 2011.
Whitaker is being honored in Knoxville the following night. That prompted Sevier County officials to host this event, according to Leon Downey, tourism director in Pigeon Forge and member of the tourism development council.
“All of us know how important Sevier County is to Susan,” Downey said. “We wanted to do something locally here, just for Sevier County. We’re excited, she’s excited, and we love having her here.”
Light hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar will be available at the event. Whitaker will be on hand to speak with attendees at the program, which will feature guest speakers.
“Just come say hello to Susan and enjoy the evening,” Downey said. “We think this will be a good way tohonor her for all she has contributed to the tourism community.”
Whitaker remains in her position until Haslam appoints a new tourism commissioner. Downey said county officials are keeping an eye on that process.
“We have lobbied for Greg Adkins, the executive director of the Tennessee Hospitality and Tourism Association,” Downey said. “All of our departments in the county sent a letter supporting (Adkinson). I’m sure the governor will make the best decision; I have confidence in his decision-making.”
The 18th Annual Sevier County Job Fair is scheduled for March 18, 2015 at the Holiday Inn Convention Center in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
The Sevier County Economic Development Council,
Sevier County, City of Gatlinburg, City of Pigeon Forge, and City of Sevierville
Links to flyer and registration information 2015 JobFair Bus Revised Reg Form
Pigeon Forge Hospitality Association is proud to welcome:
InnLink Central Reservation System
Merchant Services Consultants
Rocky Top Tours
Royal Cup Coffee and Tea
As our state’s Commissioner of Tourism since 2003, Susan Whitaker has overseen the development and implementation of Tennessee’s comprehensive marketing, public relations and promotional campaigns to stimulate the growth of travel and tourism.
Tourism in 2013 produced $16.7 billion in direct economic impact and over $1.28 billion in taxes collected.
Susan has worked tirelessly for all communities across the state. She is responsible for launching the Trails and Byways program; and, in 2013, was honored with the National Tourism Director of the Year award.
The University of Tennessee Department of RHTM will honor her as the “Innovator of the Industry” on March 28, 2015 at the Crowne Plaza, Knoxville, TN.
We invite you to join us with a tribute sponsorship and attend the student inspired and produced fundraising event. There will be a wine and beer reception with passed appetizers, a lavish silent auction and exquisite dinner. Guest Chef Robert Allen from Citico’s at WindRiver Lakefront and Golf Community is working with the students in designing and preparing the 4 course meal specifically for the event.
2015 Innovator of the Industry Donation-Sponsor Form
Bowling for Tourism January 22, 2015 was a huge success!
Overall Champion: Willow Brook Lodge!
4 PM Flight 1st Place: Willow Brook Lodge
2nd Place: Brochure Distribution Service
3rd Place: Dixie Stampede
6 PM Flight 1st Place: Citizens National Bank
2nd Place: Old Mill Lodging
3rd Place: Willow Brook Lodge Team 2
Thank you to our lane sponsors and teams!
|Bluff Mountain Rentals
|Brochure Distribution Service
|Citizens National Bank
|Comfort Inn & Suites
|Holiday Inn Express Pigeon Forge
|Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge
|Johnson Family of Restaurants
|Old Mill Lodging
|Pigeon Forge Dept of Tourism
|Quality Inn & Suites
|Rafting in the Smokies
|Riverstone Resort & Spa
|S&D Coffee & Tea
|Sevierville Hospitality Association
|Tennessee Smokies Baseball
|The Inn at Christmas Place
|The Inn on the River
|The Old Mill
|The Thomas Group
|What To Do Guide
|Where To Stay Guide
|Dollywood Theme Park
The 14th Annual Sevier County Lodging Alliance Trade Show is March 31 from 10 am to 4 pm at The LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Presented by S&D Coffee and Tea
Link to video of last year’s trade show by Loch and Key Productions: http://vimeo.com/pro?utm_campaign=10335&utm_medium=pro-eean-standard-20140801&utm_source=affiliate&v=a
You must be a member of at least one of the sponsoring associations with your 2015 dues paid in full by February 27th, 2015. You must provide a door prize with a minimum value of $50. Booth space is on a first come-first served basis, and is assigned by members of the trade-show committee. Show registration application and full payment must be received no later than Friday February 27th, 2015.
2015_Trade_Show_Application_Packet (1) link to download application
Make checks payable to SCLA, and mail to SCLA, PO BOX 520, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868